Tuesday, August 10, 2010

One down, One to go!

So, I bet you don't exactly know what I'm talking about, but I figured it's been long enough.  GRADUATION 2010 Baby!

Okay, okay, okay... So if any of you know me, you'll know that I don't really like to make a big deal out of my stuff.  I would say accomplishments, but i'm also including birthdays and holidays and just stuff.  I do however LOVE making it a huge deal when the occasions arrise for other people. Ask AJ, it's true.

Alright, so at SUU you have to walk at graduation, unless you have a really good excuse not to.  I could have come up with one, but AJ wouldn't let me.  I didn't want to have to sit through 2 sessions of graduation cerimonies, but he was making me.

The commencement was Friday, April 30, 2010 and it was snowing! Well off and on anyway, and the wind was blowing and the sun was scarce so it was really really cold.  We had to show up like an hour before and stand there until they were ready to have all the graduates march across campus, into the centrum.  It took forever! I was on time, like an idiot, and froze to death.  It wasn't all bad though, when we started walking, the professors lined up outside of the building we were going into and were clapping for us, it felt pretty cool.  There were bagpipers piping, so it was fun.

One Size fits all folks! I had just lost 20 lbs. and i was wearing a sweater!
We walked into the Centrum and sat down, I sat by these people i'd never met before and luckily they were hilarious or I would have died of boredom.  The keynote speaker was HORRIBLE!  His speech basically told all of the graduates that their future was going to suck, the careers they were planning on going into would be obsolete within the next couple years, none of us would succeed, and we were all going to get Malaria and DIE!  Think i'm kidding, i'm not.  WORST. GRADUATION. SPEECH. EVER!  Talk about dashing all our hopes and cutting off any high anyone had about being done with college.  The funniest part of the whole thing, was that before the speaker was completely finished, the guy sitting next to me started clapping and everyone else joined in and the speaker never got to finish his speech.  Twas awesome, he totally deserved it.

On May 1, 2010.... Saturday, all of the colleges had their graduations separately.  Lucky me, mine was at 8:30 am! Again we were told to show up an hour early, so I did. (bad idea).  So no clouds makes the morning really cold.  By the time we were able to enter the building, I couldn't feel my feet and my nose was running like a leaky faucet.  I wasn't the only one because professors started handing out tissues to everyone as we walked inside, to get rid of all of the snot.



Me and AJ's Family! We were blinded by the light



My college, Humanities and Social Sciences, had the most graduates so it took a decent amount of time for it to be over.  I was one of the last since Psychology starts with a 'P'.  I walked and people took pictures and cheered. Then it was over and we partied and ate pizza at 10:00 in the morning. 




All-in-all it was really fun, and it was a good experience.  I can't wait to do it again... Well, the graduation part itself i can wait for, but the parties and the presents i'm looking forward to.

1 comment: