Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Bledsoe Family Reunion 2010...

July 30 - August 1, 2010 is when a little thing I like to call "awesomeness" happened! We've only been camping once this year, so I was very excited to do it again with AJ's family.  It's nice company, good food, fun stuff to do, and a couple good days of being outdoors.  Not stuck inside a stuffy office on the computer blogging all day.  :)

This year we went to Yankee Meadows, or somewhere near it at least.  There were cows grazing freely, running streams (well more a babbling brook), a lake (not a lake more like an overfilled marsh with not green water, but lots of mud), trees, and rain... lots of rain! I was actually really excited to have it rain, mainly because I had never been camping in the rain before, so it was fun!!! I'll show pictures it will be easier that way.
My Darling Husband


A Panoramic of the entire campsite.  From the left: AJ's parents toy hauler, our cute little tent, Adam and Becca's van, Monty's truck, and the place we cooked and ate food.

The other side of the campsite.





The "Lake"



So over the lake, uncle Monty put up a Zip Line, and he also brought canoes.  Those who dared to enter the water with mysterious inhabitants and definitely leeches, played on the zip line and dropped into the water.  Those who didn't dare touch the water, played in canoes.  Those who didn't really care did both or nothing.  People played canoe tag, tried to jump on and ride cows.  Adam, AJ's cousin Becky's husband, had is eye on a "nice red head", or so he said.  Next thing you know he creeping up to a red cow leaping onto it in hopes of being able to ride it.  He leapt and basically body slammed the cow and fell off.  It was HILARIOUS! I'm sad i didn't get a video.  Everything was almost better as a spectator.  It was really fun though.
Can't wait until everyone gets to come next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment