Thursday, June 16, 2011

I wasn't gonna, but I'm excited.

Over the last couple days Aj and I have gone apartment shopping in case the one's we've applied and are waiting for fell through.  Good thing we did because they fell through.  It's okay because their prices went up and lots of stuff that we weren't down with changed between the time of application and now. 

Shopping...

Apartment No.1 (2nd runner up):  It was two stories (which I loved) and lots of kitchen, living, and storage space.  It had just gotten brand new carpet.  Three bedrooms, 2 1/2 bath with washer, dryer hookups.  It was very clean and for the price, pretty amazing.  The only drawback is that is was on the other side of town.  Haha, I know getting to anywhere from anywhere in Cedar takes a total of five minutes so location shouldn't really be an issue, Right?  Wrong.  While this place was nestled in a pretty cute neighborhood, it was just on the side of town that I REALLY don't like.  AJ dislikes my pickiness in this aspect of searching for homes because he really doesn't care as long as the apartment is good.  A worthy philosophy I'd say.

Apartment No. 2:  This was a farely new complex...  When I say complex, I mean a group of 10 maybe 12 apartments.  Pretty good layout, two bedrooms, two baths, washer/dryer included (bonus).  It had a very cute kitchen, nice carpet, ceiling fans in each room.  Nice but just not enough space to say the least.  We have 4 bikes, so we need places to store those bikes and this place did not have it.  Also in the undesired (by me) part of town.  (This side just has more apartments for cheaper, hence why we were looking)

Apartment No. 3:  These apartments I looked at before we were married but were far too expensive.  So as a last ditch effort Aj and I toured them.  It has three bedrooms, two baths, a laundry room, a really nice kitchen and a decent amount of living/ storage space.  Plus, it's on my favorite side of town right at the mouth of a canyon.  Yay!  And bonus the price was recently reduced :) We kept asking just to make sure we heard the manager correctly.

Let me tell you #3 had it in the bag.  We had put in an application for #1 earlier that morning so we would be safe in case we didn't find anything else.  Before we were done touring the thrid place we both looked at each other and said "Where do we sign".  INSANE!  We haven't signed the lease yet but that will be next week and we will move in less than 15 days.  We're crazy excited... So excited in fact that I've already been back to see it and AJ and I are having a really hard time sleeping and time is going by really slow.  We don't want to start packing yet either because we're afraid that might make it go slower. 

We've made a trip to home depot to look at washers and dryers and flower boxes and plants for outside our door.  So, here it is! (I apologize, the pictures aren't the greates and I didn't feel like taking a video of it)

View from front door

Laudry Room



Hallway

Guest Bath

Room 1


Room 2



Room 3

Master Bath

My closet.  There's more space behind the door.


We're Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment