Thursday, June 9, 2011

I am so smart... S.M.R.T.

Back in the middle of May I threw one of my besties a bachelorette party.  Being the smart person that I am, I totally packed my camera I just forgot to charge the batteries.  Therefore I have no pictures of any of the festivities.  This is a picture of the invitation I made... Yes, made! Designed, printed and sent, all by my lonesome. I'm proud of it!

I've really never thrown a specific party before... Well, sure I've helped plan my fair share of bachelor parties but I wasn't allowed to help carry them out cuz girls aren't allowed... :( Lame I know. 

This was a two part party basically a naughty and nice party.  Due to LACK of RSVP's the first part just ended with me and Cassie taking a pole fit class (it kicked our butts).  I have never been that sore all over before, seriously worse than P90X.  I kid you not.

Anyway after that there were a couple hours in between and I just hung out with Melisika (Melissa, melba toast, what have you).  For the actual party I had pizza, chips, brownies, soda, etc... The usual party grub.  We played the typical 'how well does she know him' game, a game where you had to guess the TV show the listed couple was on, and a hot dog game.  The hot dog game was the best and was really funny to watch and hear the advice people gave on how to win.  Here's how you do it:  You take a bowl of thumb tacks, hot dogs and some yarn, string the yarn through the end of the hot dog so it hangs long ways down like this.... l.....  You then tie the string around the player's waist letting the hot dog dangle between the knees ish.  The player then is given 30 seconds to get as many tack stuck in the hot dog as possible with out using their hands.  It's really funny to watch. 

It was fun and I'm excited for her! 

Oh it was my very first time driving to, from and around Salt Lake by myself.  I was a little nervous but I handled it like a champ. GO ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment