Like books, blogs too are more interesting with pictures. Agreed?! Agreed... Just kidding. Well, there are lots of things keeping Aj and I busy these days. From organic chemistry classes and 10 page introspective papers with presentations, there just isn't enough time for blogging. I know, sinful right!? Nah, I just try to get away from technology as much as possible on my time off... Who needs it?
Well the last few weeks....
School has started for us all, AJ has begun one of his most difficult years in pre-med, complete with a year of organic chemistry and lab. He tried to take other less stressful classes with it this semester but trigonometry homework is the unexpected time suck. He and Harry have a pickleball class together twice a week, which they thoroughly enjoy. When I say thoroughly, I mean that if they have extra time after class, they'll play until they're sore. The other day they played from 1:00 to 5:00pm. Insane! Consequently they were sore the two following days. Ha!
Harry has lived with us for almost a month now and we've hated every minute of it... No, not really I'm just kiddin. It's been an adjustment but I think we've all settled into our own patterns and it's working out nicely. For everyone (that's assuming people read this) that doesn't know, AJ and I decided it would be an awesome opportunity for Harry to move out and go to school for the year before his mission, so that's why he is living with us. He has found some friends that he hangs out with occasionally, he works two very part time jobs and he goes to school. So far he's doing quite well with everything. And I guess he's fun to have around.
As for me, well I'm just bustin my butt trying to get into my masters program. A week and a half ago I about broke my brain writing a 10 page paper and preparing a five minute presentation on said paper. I haven't written a paper that long since my 2010 english class 5 years ago. I know, gross, I'm getting old enough to say things like 5 years ago, like old people do. Oh and the other day I saw a kid I used to babysit, who is no longer a kid, and said "hey I used to babysit you, back when you were this big (enter gesture)". I always hated people saying that to me and now I'm saying it! What oh what is the world coming to?! Anyway, with my master's program I have learned so much in 5 weeks its insane. Not even material, but about myself. I've learned that I'm definitelky comfortable with giving presentations but having mock counseling sessions with people is the scariest most anxiety provoking thing I have ever done. (Spoiler alert: here comes nerdy me) But boy is it so fun! I'm really excited to learn and master counseling techniques. I have also come to the realization that if I choose to do this program it will single-handedly make me grow and stretch more than any other education I have ever received, and I'm kinda scared and excited about the whole thing. Don't let me get ahead of myself, I won't know until next week whether I'm officially a grad student or not, but I'm hopeful. Fingers Crossed.
Friday, September 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment