Wednesday, January 12, 2011

See Ya 2010! You won't be missed.

2010 was not the best year of our lives by any stretch of the imagination.  However, there were some highlights so let's recap shall we:

- I lost 17 pounds (I know, gross), AJ got all toned up (thank you gym)
- I graduated, Yay!
- We did something nearly every weekend during the summer (mostly mountain biking, but still fun)
- We went to Lake Powell for the first time ever!
- We went to California and Six Flags with our good friends
- Aj's has been getting really good grades and nearly never misses class
- I helped my uncle Sam get engaged
- Our friend Cassie got engaged (yay!)
- We ended the year in spectacular fashion with presents, hotels, and snowboarding! What! :)

I usually abhor the passing of time, but since 2010 sucked way more than it was awesome, I'm happy to ring in the new year! I might (will) add that so far 2011 has been pretty good to me.  I've gotten a (long-overdo) raise, snowboarded almost to my hearts content (enough is never enough), celebrated a wonderful three years of marriage with my incredible, handsome hubby, on the slow mend with some family issues, and looking forward to playing with Tyler and Alison (out-of-town friends) this weekend, and some wedding dress shopping with Cassie (did I mention that I'm excited she's getting married?)... Yay!

So a recap of our New Years... On December 29th AJ, Harry (my lil bro), and I went to my grandpa's cabin to snowboard for New Years weekend.  It's my family's tradition to go up there every year after Christmas, other than Mexico, it has to be every one's favorite.  Basically all that happens is everyday you wake up, eat snowboard, eat, snowboard (or ski), eat and hang out with everyone the rest of the day and then you repeat.  It's awesome.  The last couple days were really cold, like -3 -2 degrees.  Any skin that was exposed just ached it was so cold.


AJ doin what he does





These are all pictures of AJ, there aren't any of me from this trip.  He's pretty good.  Happy New Year all!

1 comment:

  1. The recap post is a great idea! So very helpful. I really can't wait to see you guys we miss you.

    ReplyDelete