Tuesday, November 16, 2010

30 days of Thanks!

Instead of listing one thing I'm grateful for every day, I'm just going to list 30 things in one day. 30 things for every day of this month... I think that if you're reading this, you should do it too. I've had quite a bit of disappointment this last year, yet there are still many things I'm thankful for. Here goes nothin!


I AM GRATEFUL FOR:

1. My husband: he is incredible and I my life wouldn't be as wonderful without him.
2. My in-laws: They have been so supportive and I love and appreciate them more than they know.
3. My Brothers: we watch out for eachother, it's awesome.
4. My extended family: I have THE BEST, cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents anyone could ever want!
5. The family trials: They have and still suck butt! However, I have a new found independence and reliance on myself, that could not have come any other way.
6. Rejection: it has forced me to try harder and do better, even though I hate it, there has to be reasons for it and I know I will be better because of it.
7. Growth in assertiveness: I HATE confrontation, but I've learned to stand up for myself and the things I deserve.
8. The gym: it keeps me able to do the things that I love
9. The outdoors: very general I know, but being outside and active heals the wounds of everyday stress
10. The four seasons: and the small town that let's me enjoy all of them.
11.  Winter for the snow, hot chocolate, Christmas and snowboarding!
12.  Spring for the smell of fresh cut grass and pretty flowers.
13.  Summer for the pools, lakes, boating, and tanning (and no school).
14.  Fall for the gorgeous color changes, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and the reminder that there are always things to be grateful for.
15.  Sleep!  It's the best stress reliever and a great way to end a bad day.
16.  My house: it's small but I love going home everyday
17.  My friends: each one is a little crazy in their own way, but I love them all.
18.  Schooling: even though it seems like a never-ending battle, I will ultimately get to do what I love and that's exciting.
19.  Patience: It's got to be heaven sent because I don't know how I deal with stuff sometimes.
20.  Goals: without them my life would be in a never ending stall pattern. They get me through days, weeks, and months and help me to focus on more positive things.
21.  Opportunities: They come in all different shapes and sizes and you never know when your going to get a good one and sometimes they surprise you.
22.  Listeners: In the past I've been the listener, but lately there have been a lot of wonderful people willing to listen to me and it's helped quite a bit.
23.  Life: the gift of waking up everyday to something new, challenging, or wonderful
24.  Jesus Christ: knowing that even though I mess up, there is forgiveness and love when I realize my mistakes.
25.  My religion: it inspires me to make better decisions and be the best that I can be.
26.  Happiness: it is an emotion not a destination, it can be as fleeting or as lasting as we want it to be just like anger, resentment, or sadness.
27.  Contrast and differences: It's the differences in things and people that makes them unique or perceivable.  Without black, we couldn't see white.  Having everything the same would be like staring at a blank canvas, it's the colors and the shapes that make life interesting.
28.  Memories: the good and the bad.  The present passes too quickly, it's the memories that guide the steps of now and tomorrow.
29.  Stuff: my bikes, my climbing gear, my bed, my car (seat heaters rock!), my red couch, my costco membership, my love sac, my kitchenaid, my clothes, my blankets, etc.
30.  God: The one who provides it all, helps me through everything, and will never turn his back on me (even when I'm a bit stubborn).

Happy Holidays peeps!

<3 Cyd

No comments:

Post a Comment