Across the state has been some CEERRRAAZZZY weather. Wednesday night I had to drive home from class in the wind, then a blizzard. It was kind of terrifying, but luckily I was nowhere near Centerville cause wind that knocks down 60 year old trees is just ridonculous. But we got lots and lots of beautiful snow! It's amazing the scrooges and grumps that emerge into the world whenever it snows. Its like when it rains a lot and you get the worms on the side walk and you think "geesh their lives and mine would all be better if they just stayed hidden". That's how I feel about all the haters. You don't like the snow...? Stay inside :)
Anywho, so I've been in my master's program for close to 12 weeks now. Every week the professor will give individual feedback on participation in class, presentations, papers, etc. I think this is really cool because then I know where I stand every week and where I can maybe improve. But ya know when you turn something in or do something and you know its not your best work and you at least expect some type of criticism? Well the last few papers i've done have not been my strongest and heaven knows I'm having difficulty relating theory to practical application, yet I receive increasingly exuberant positive reviews, devoid of criticism and it's starting to bug me. I know, i know.... Leave well enough alone, but I just want to improve. I've never felt like this before and I know its a good thing. I like the complements, don't get me wrong, but I know I can improve and I just want a professional to tell me where. I love the program and the people in my cohort and the professors are really fun and I actually look forward to going to class too.... Well, when I don't have to drive home in scary awful weather that is.
Friday, December 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Or if you don't like the snow - don't live where it snows. Durh!
ReplyDeleteexactly!
ReplyDelete