After a week of packing, 2 days (we're talking 16 hour days) of hauling all our furniture and stuff up three stories, a looong night of cleaning, and a Saturday of unpacking and tidying up the new place... THE MOVE IS COMPLETE! Enter stage exhaustion! I'll tell you my butt and legs haven't been that tired and sore in a long time. Walking from my car to my apartment is still tiring and the kicker is I'm not out of shape and I know this because AJ got sore too! Okay, let's be honest, everyone that helped the two days got sore... Hee!
My schedule was so off last week I hardly knew what day it was and the week felt never ending. A little advice to anyone who ever moves, do it on the weekend, it's much easier. It got a little crazy with our work schedules and we usually didn't end the day until 1 or 2 in the morning.
It's all still pretty surreal to me, the new place doesn't feel quite like home just yet, but it will. I really just need to get used to having so much space (I don't exaggerate) and deciding which bathroom to use every time is proving quite the challenge. The bonus here is that I have a choice :) Color me excited! I've dreamt of having another bathroom every morning since I've been married, so I don't have to use right after AJ in the morning... You know what I mean, boys are stinky!
Here's how it went down:
Tuesday- Got the keys to the new place, Harry, Creighton, KJ, AJ, Angel, my mom and dad, and I started loading up cars and moving all our stuff to the new place. AJ and I continued packing and taking stuff over until 1:30 I think.
Wednesday- Vickie offered to help us move all of our big furniture enlisted the help of Harry, KJ, and Creighton once again along with the use of her truck... Much needed. She ordered everyone around in true Vickie fashion and we had almost everything moved in 4 hours or so. I seriously felt so overwhelmed that she made all the difference. AJ was really overwhelmed and didn't think he needed all the help, but after realizing how much stuff we actually had he was grateful. Side note: we went through all our stuff at least once a year and threw away tons of junk, so I was astonished at how much we were able to fit into our old apartment. We finished cleaning most of the old place and had everything but the bikes moved to the new place by 2 am. Since it was technically two hours into the 30th we slept at the new apartment. It was weird but relieving!
Thursday- AJ stayed home from work to finish cleaning the old place, meet the manager for check out and do some last minute things. Work for me took forever because I was super tired, AJ was home, and I just wanted to play in my new house.
Friday- We unpacked a little, but essentially did nothing... Ahhh :)
Saturday- We spent all day unpacking and cleaning to have everything ready for Aj's parents and little brothers. Then Jana and her boyfriend Dayson came over and hung out for a while that night.
Sunday- Aj's parents came up to see the apartment and drop his little brothers off for the week. They bought us bar stools and a blender for our housewarming presents (they look awesome, I'm really excited)!
Things haven't slowed down quite yet, but the move is over and I can't complain about that!
Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment