Thursday, October 28, 2010

#24

WHERE I LIVE

Well since days 21 and 22 are in fact boring and I don't really feel like doing them I will continue on to day 24....  Where I live.  Of course I am not going to give exact addresses or anything, so here goes...

I live in a one bedroom, one bathroom, two story apartment.  It's a good size, though our collection of furniture, bikes, climbing gear, school stuff, clothes, etc. make it seem like there is less room which makes it frustrating at times.  We have on three or four occasions almost moved, but realized that we really love our little place and the price... :).  My only complaint is the lack of washer and dryer hook-ups.  If my house had that, I doubt we would ever really want to move.

Most of the time our house is clean and tidy, we try to keep it free of clutter as much as possible, but it's hard with very little storage, so two or three times a year we go through everything and throw a bunch of stuff away.  It usually only gets messy on the weekends or when AJ has his homework spread out all over the table and sometimes the couch. 

What I love most about it are the stairs and having separate levels.  It's what I fell in love with when we were looking at apartments before we got married.  We even have a fantastic front yard, so open and so much grass.  In the winter there is usually a blanket of snow and it reflects the light so much sometimes you can't look out the window during the day, but it's pretty and a constant reminder of why it would be really hard to move ever.

However, it is still an apartment and we can't make full use of our surround sound system and the neighbors usually wake me up out of a dead sleep at mid night by stomping around and slamming cabinets so hard it feels and sounds like somone is going through my house and it freaks me out.  SO annoying, which is why I am very tired at this moment and could fall asleep as I'm typing this.  Anyway, we have been pretty lucky until these neighbors, and the funny thing is the wife could only weigh 90 pounds tops and the husband is pretty fit so I just can't understand how they can be that loud.

But I love it, and there is the inherent attachment to the first place you make a home as a married couple.  Plus, you got to love the memories, it will be hard to leave someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment