 |
| Lake Powel 2010 |
Literally the last weekend before school started we got to go to Lake Powell with my counsin Courtney and her husband Tyler and his family. I was a little aprehensive because I didn't know half of the people going and I had never been to Lake Powell before so I was really unsure of what to expect. Up until the saturday before we didn't even know if we could go, but thanks to AJ working his butt off and finishing up stuff his boss wanted done, we were able to get the time off work.
 |
| Cousins :) |
So here is how it went down... Wednesday afternoon we drove to Page, AZ stopped at Walmart to buy water shoes and walk around a bit cause it was a 3 hour drive. Then we decided to wait and eat dinner with Tyler and Court and everyone (it was pizza at the marina, super yummy!). We drove to the marina, parked and waited for everyone else to show up, which took almost an hour. It was good though, AJ and I got to walk around and take in the general scenery, it was sprinkling and the sun was setting and there was a rainbow and everything. Very pretty. Finally, Tyler's parents and Tyler and Court got there and we unloaded everything to load onto the houseboat.
 |
| Court cute and color coordinated |
 |
| Tyler posing like a pro! |
After dinner, we walked along the docks looking at other boats and houseboats. We walked by one where a person was totally watching porn for all to see. Gross! Everyone chatted inside for a bit and then got ready for bed. Everyone slept on the top of the houseboat. When Courtney described it, I figured it was just she and Tyler that liked sleeping on top, so I was surprised when everyone did. Adults, Teens everyone. Seriously, like one big slumber party. I've always grown up with people, where the parents would never have even considered sleeping on top, outside, with everyone else when there are four perfectly good rooms and beds below, inside. So it was really weird to see, but AWESOME! We loved it. Court and I stayed up a couple nights talking like the old days. It was so fun... Took me back to the pre-married days when we'd constantly talk about our boy problems. ONE BIG SLEEP OVER!
 |
| The top was a sea of Air Matresses and a chorus of snoring |

The first day everyone was literally up at the crack of dawn! 6:30 a.m.... For all of those who don't know, I NEVER see anything earlier than 7:30 8:00 ish. It's all part of the experience though. We ate breakfast and everyone got everything ready to go find a place in the vastness of Lake Powell to park the houseboat. It was just Court, Ty, AJ, me, Shelby (Tyler's cousin) and Brooke yourself (Shelby's friend, and what Tyler called her the whole trip). We didn't realize that Shelby and Brooke were even on the houseboat because they were asleep downstairs the entire time. When we found a place and waited for everyone else to get there, Tyler's parents Karen and Brian took us all out on their boat to go wake boarding. Tyler was really good, he was jumping and trying to clear the whole wake which was cool. The funniest thing was that Brian made Courtney drive Tyler and she floored it and Tyler was kinda freaked out. AJ and I did pretty well, I got up which is kind of amazing. So fun... I could barely walk or move the rest of the time, but I wasn't going to miss out on any opportunity to try something.
 |
AJ Wake Surfing
|
 |
| Tyler Wake surfin |
 |
| Golfin off the top of the boat |
 |
Me Wake Surfing
(Everyone else made weird faces when they did it, so I was determined to smile) |
 |
| Brian |
 |
| Scotty, Brian, Karen, Tyler, Chris and Katie's Thigh |
The days consisted of boating and eating. AJ was really stoked to try wake surfing and air chair especially, and to no body's surprise he did well at another activity. (Read lathed with distain). I love that my husband is talented and sporty, but..... Does he have to be good at everything? Really?! Anyway... There were three boats and 12 people, so everyone got to do everything without it even being too crowded on any one boat which was nice. I did pretty well wake surfing, when I realized that there was something for my front foot to do but air chair was a different story. I sucked at air chair, Courtney at least got up and Tyler did really well, but not me. And I somehow managed to get rope burn on my knee in the process, needless to say I won't be running out to try it again any time soon.
 |
| Braden... This is what you look like when you CAN air chair |
 |
| AJ and I |
 |
Brian and Karen
(Tyler's Parents) |
 |
| The rocks around us were AMAZING and HUGE! |
It was such a fun trip, and a perfect way to end the summer. We got to meet a lot of really fun, great people and we never once felt out of place or akward. It was fun to get quailty time with Court and Tyler too, much needed. Thanks for the invite Court, we loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment