Then when it didn't show up again in November I bought some more expensive pregnancy tests and took one. Side Note: I went to Walmart to buy said tests and I had some gum and prenatal vitamins too and the cashier lady looked at my purchases and before I left said "good luck!" I thought it was pretty hilarious. Then on the morning of 11/20/13 I got my first positive pregnancy test result. I remember not looking at it for as long as possible telling myself that I wasn't pregnant and that there was probably just something wrong with me. I didn't feel pregnant or anything. When I finally looked down at it, it was like I got the wind knocked out of me. (In a good way). and then I started crying/gasping/laughing. It was a huge mix of emotions, but I was excited. It sucked because I had to go to work and figure out a way to tell AJ. It was the. longest. day. ever! On my lunch break I bought him a hiking backpack/child carrier that he had seen and mentioned that he wanted when the time came. Then I went home, but the carrier in the entryway with a note and the positive pregnancy test so he could be surprised when he got home. I waited FOREVER for him to call me just so I could talk to someone about it!!!! When he called me, he was so surprised and excited. After I got home, we talked about it some more, he immediately got on the phone and scheduled the first doctors appointment. Then I ditched class that night and we went to dinner to celebrate. It was a cool day.
When my doctor first checked me she was fairly confident that I was 16 weeks along. I about had a heart attack! My pregnancy would have already been a third over without me realizing I was even pregnant. After she had done her thing, she started scanning my belly with a radio ultrasound gadget to see if she could hear the heartbeat. She wasn't able to find it but said that it was fine and that doing an ultrasound would be more accurate.
We were led to the ultrasound room and the tech started scanning my belly and he couldn't find anything. I'm just thinking to myself, am I even pregnant!? Did these people even test that before they started doing all these things? So we did a vaginal ultrasound and quickly found the tiny-grain-of-rice-sized nugget of a baby. The above picture is what we got. It was amazing because we could see the heart beating before we could hear it. We could have watched that little flutter all day long. It was surreal and awesome.

No comments:
Post a Comment