So... I'm going to take you back to the day we met, for old times sake! The best part about the day me met, is that we took pictures the entire day, it's awesome.
It was about 7:00 a.m. in January 2006 when I get a call from Cassie telling me that her mom won't let her go snowboarding because she thought the roads wouldn't be safe. Great... See, we were asked to go with a guy she knew (Brad) in New Harmony and two of his friends (AJ and Caleb) snowboarding and we had already agreed that we would go. Now I had to either make up a story to get out of going boarding with a bunch guys I didn't really know or just suck it up and go... Well, I wanted to board so I said I'd go. I also had a date to go paint balling later that day with a guy that I'd met in institute, so I wasn't able to go all day and they agreed to get me back on time.
I got up and drove to meet Brad and AJ in New Harmony, to drive up to Brian Head with them and then we stopped to pick up Caleb on the way. Little did I know, this was the best decision I ever made! I not only had so much fun with all three of the guys, but I was better at snowboarding than all of them too, which was a major plus! Cassie missed out :) It had to be hands down the most fun day I have ever had snowboarding. Was it because I had just met my future husband?.... Nope! I thought he was cute, but I wasn't really interested, I just had so much fun with these three guys that later became some of my best friends! I don't have access to any pictures of Caleb that day right now, but I will post one later.
So the top picture is of AJ and Brad while they were waiting for me to meet them. The middle picture is of Brad and me about ready to get on the ski lift. The last two pictures are of me and AJ after snowboarding. He ate it so many times he was just covered in snow and the back of his shirt and pants were completely wet and frozen. It was pretty funny, I must say.
I'm actually really grateful that I didn't have the slightest idea that he would be the one I would marry, cause that would be a lot of pressure and it would have totally freaked me out. Not to mention I was only 18 and the thought of marriage kinda freaked me out. I also liked that I got to know him as a friend first, we had a lot more fun with everyone that way! 2006 Best. Year. Ever. Enough said :)
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Good Story! Now I don't need to worry about keeping my own journal. Thanks! Those were good times!
ReplyDelete